We behave honestly not just in action but in spirit guided by objectivity, fairness, impartiality and without discrimination
- We proactively seek to understand and support the truth in our conduct, communication and actions
- When we realize that we have a conflict of interest we behave appropriately by either recusing ourselves from the affected process or after making full disclosure and subsequently receiving agreement to continue participation in full or part.
- We do not engage in or condone behavior that is designed to deceive others for any reason.
We constantly employ respect of others, allowing it to guide our behaviour in all our dealings, seeking to understand, allow for and value differences of opinion in all circumstances.
CPM Code of Ethics Management
- CPM Elected Governing Board Members are required to sign the CPM Code of Ethics
- CPM Members are advised of the Code of Ethics and agree to comply as a condition of membership
- Changes to the Code of Ethics or the Ethics Complaint Procedure
- Changes can be made as part of normal Governing Board Business by a 2/3 majority of the Board members
- Ethics Complaints Procedure (by a member or non-member)
- Complainant to contact Executive Director in writing (electronic is acceptable) detailing why the complaint is being made and how this is believed to contravene the CPM Code of Ethics.
- VP Admin (or nominee) will canvass GB to convene an assessment panel of no less than 2/3 sitting board members within one month of Complaint Receipt.
- Assessment panel to consider the particular complaint, evidence, conduct interviews if required and determine remedy if appropriate. This Assessment to take no longer than two months from the date the panel is convened. The determination and remedy will be binding.
- Remedies may include (but are not limited to):
- Specific Action requested of Complainant or Member against whom complaint was made
- Suspension of CPM Member Benefits for a specified period (& forfeit of correlating membership dues)
- Expulsion of Member from CPM
- Suspension or expulsion to be approved by ¾ Governing Board (Bylaws Article IV – D)